Sunday, September 11, 2011

at day's end


You've busied yourself with your work,



 it's important stuff, these tasks you carry,



and I see you, doing your best to balance relationships and responsibilities, 



and you hide your face when attempts fall short. 



Sometimes you feel you've succeeded with it all,



and sometimes, you just want to quit.


 I see you, there, oh busy one.



But at the end of the day, come home to Me. Find your way back to My presence, rest your head against my chest, and breathe deep the rest I alone can give.

Psalm 131


 1 My heart is not proud, LORD,
   my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
   or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
   I am like a weaned child with its mother;
   like a weaned child I am content.
 3 Israel, put your hope in the LORD
   both now and forevermore.

1 comment:

  1. Awe! So cute. I loved how you tied in the analogy with the scripture. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete